I'm a Front-end Architect with 12 years of experience in full-stack software development, software architecture, web performance, technical leadership and agile methodologies. Throughout my career, I've acted as an evangelist for good practices, code quality, unit tests and positive collaboration, through servant leadership. I've mentored individuals and trained entire teams with diverse skill sets in front-end, back-end, leadership and agile practices.
My published body of work includes more than a dozen articles in renowned websites and magazines such as InfoQ, DZone, Medium, Dev.to, AirPair and Java Magazine. I've spoken at several major conferences internationally, such as ForwardJS, FEDC, Abstractions, DevCon5 and HTML5DevConf, as well as in meetups and corporate trainings in San Francisco and New York.
Last but not least, I'm a keen member of the developer community, both authoring and contributing to existing open-source software, and volunteering with non-profits for under-represented groups.
- Architected, orchestrated and spearheaded the implementation of several pages and features for top U.S. e-commerces, by leading teams and performing redesigns and modernizations on their architecture, tech stacks and user experience, always favoring performance, team productivity, componentization, responsive design, design patterns, unit tests, SEO and accessibility.
- Empowered companies to achieve admirable results in terms of increased revenue, reduction in page load time and speed index, improved user engagement, boosted SEO ranking while enhancing the team's productivity by adopting modern technologies, coaching and teaching innovative techniques.
- Started Avenue Code's branch in Brazil as its first employee, assuming the roles of Software Engineer, Tech Lead and Tech Manager. In the first 4 years, I led the growth to 120 employees in 3 offices.
- Awarded First Place among the Computer Science students (equivalent to summa cum laude).
- Organized the Backbone.js Hackers meetup in San Francisco, with 1000 members at the time.
- Lazy Loading JS modules in the browser is about loading JS modules both synchronously (during page load) and asynchronously (performing lazy-loading) using System.js over Babel, as well as using Webpack to bundle your app and resolve dependencies.
- ForwardJS (2017) in San Francisco, CA
- Mobile+Web Devcon (2017) in San Francisco, CA
- Abstractions (2016) in Pittsburgh, PA
- DevCon5 (2016) in New York, NY
- Front-End Design Conference (2016) in St. Petersburg, FL
- SF Web Performance Meetup (2016) in San Francisco, CA
- Women Who Code Meetup (2016) in San Francisco, CA
- 10 tips for writing maintainable code in Backbone.js and Backbone.js tricks or treats are about some pitfalls, solutions and good practices in Backbone.js, covering Marionette.js, React, Epoxy.js and Sinon.JS and how do they solve problems with performance, memory, productivity and code organization.
- Lazy Loading ES2015 Modules in the Browser (DZone) is about how to load ES2015 modules synchronously (during the page load) and asynchronously (performing lazy-loading) using System.js.
- Leveling up - Simple steps to optimize the Critical Rendering Path (AirPair) is about the Critical Rendering Path and how to optimize it.
- Revisiting XP - be a thoughtful programmer by exercising more collective ownership (InfoQ) is about effectively exercising collective ownership to avoid confrontation and technical debt.
- Authored marionette-vdom, a Virtual DOM implementation for Marionette.js, with 28k downloads on NPM as of 09/2018.
- Authored jasmine-precondition and karma-jasmine-precondition, a Jasmine helper for asynchronous preconditions and its karma adapter, with 47k downloads combined on NPM as of 09/2018.
- Passionate about clean coding.
- Fond of spreading good practices and educating people.
- Fan of functional programming.
- Strong believer in Servant leadership.
- Living by the principle of Ahimsa.
- Focusing on equanimity through mindfulness.
- Regular yogi and meditator.
- Ethical vegan.
- Frequent platelets donor.
- Volunteer with meal shares at communities in need and animal sanctuaries in the Bay Area.
- Married to Cintia Romero and dog daddy.
- Guitar and ukulele player.
Get In Touch
Hit me up! I would love to hear out from you.