In July, 2013 I published an article (in Portuguese) in Java Magazine #116, sobre o HTML 5 as an alternative for development exclusively based on the server-side. This technology introduces and standardizes many innovative features on the browser or mobile device, in a safe, portable and native way.
When is the subject useful
This subject is useful for Java developers which want to learn how to bring the desktop experience to web applications, reducing the response and navigation time, working without depending on any plugin and having just one client-side codebase independent of device and platform.
- HTML5 Rocks Well-organized site which gathers contributions from several authors about HTML 5.
- Thoughts on Flash Reasons for mobile devices not support Flash, according to Apple.
- 5 Reasons Why Zuckerberg Has Not Killed HTML5 Explanations about why the Facebook problem doesn’t minimize HTML 5.
- Dive Into HTML5 Great online book about HTML 5.
- HTML5 Readiness Site that reveals which features are available on each browser.
- UTF-7 XSS Cheat Sheet Explanations about the security breach related with UTF-7 charset.
- Nashorn Official blog of Nashorn project.