In January, 2014 I published an article (in Portuguese) in Java Magazine #123, about smart client-side applications, comparing them with other web application styles such as Java web frameworks.
This article introduces smart client-side applications, comparing them with other web application styles such as Java web frameworks, highlighting the productivity usaging concepts such as REST, JSON and MVC on the client-side. Then, it presents Backbone.js and its main parts such as Models, Collections, Views and Routers, besides templating using Handlebars.js and communicating with a Play Framework back-end over REST and JSON.
When is the subject useful?
- A brief introduction to REST A good introduction about REST architectural style.
- JSON JSON introduction
- Developing Backbone.js Applications Book Developing Backbone.js Applications from Addy Osmani.
- Download Play Framework Page to download Play framework.
- Tasker project Github repo
- Article Fork A Repo Explains further about Github’s fork process.