This talk is an updated version of Lazy Loading ES2015 modules in the browser is about loading code during page load time vs lazy loading, then how to load JS modules both synchronously (during page load) and asynchronously (lazy-load) using System.js over Babel, as well as how to used Webpack 2 to bundle your app and resolve dependencies.
What will the audience learn
- The fundamentals on when to load your modules (page load time vs lazy loading) for a most optimized page performance
- The ES Modules spec and System.js
- Importing modules synchronously and asynchronously
- Webpack 2 as a dependency management system
- At Mobile+Web DevCon this session was a lab with challenges: tiagorg.com/lab-lazy-loading-js-modules
- At ForwardJS this session was a talk: tiagorg.com/lazy-loading-js-modules
- Lazy load EAA pattern
- Webpack Code Splitting
- What’s new in Webpack 2
- ES6 Modules in Chrome Canary (M60+)
- Native ES Modules — Ready for Prime Time?
- github.com/tiagorg/lazy-loading-js-modules - Repo for the talk
- github.com/tiagorg/lazy-load-es2015-webpack2-challenge - Challenge for the Lazy Loading JS Modules lab